Tuesday, April 7, 2015

NaPoWriMo Day 3-7 (Oops!)

So, Yeah I was lazy. I did write poems for two of the five days, but never posted. This is my catch-up blog, but I hope you enjoy the posts regardless. Fun fact: It is fun for me to write from different perspectives of my own. I suggest it for any writer-- it takes you out of your comfort zone!


~This first poem is from the perspective of a man in his prime. He has all he ever wants: The American Dream~

“THE AMERICAN DREAM”
Started out local, but my vision’s getting bigger.

All I had to do was initiate the thriller.

Sitting next to the girl, with the ring on her finger.

Breathing summer air in my 2013 Beemer.

This American dream streams down like a rainfall.

Blue curtains, white house, guess you really can have it all.

Newborn cooing in an upstairs bedroom.

Four o’ clock, time for the meeting in the pressroom.

Starstruck life, seems like a simple perfection.

Looking at myself, I’m proud of the reflection.

Strong house, strong life, and a strong ambition.

Nothing could compare to this sweet disposition.



~This second poem is inspired by the events that took place on our first independence day. American exceptionalism has been lost in our technology obsessed culture. I hope we never forget where we came from!~

“JULY 4TH, 1776”
Firework’s booming in the late of night,
Each person in awe at the joyful light.
We cannot forgot what this day is for,
When independence knocked on Great Britain’s door.
The soldiers fought hard through late 83’
For nothing could stop their desire to be free.
The honor and celebration never will cease to end.
Though loss and death only time will mend.
So remember this day, young children of mine.
As you carefully watch those fireworks shine.
Because the much important day July 4th,
Was the day great unity brought our country forth.



~When reading my bible, I came across Psalms 77:13, which states "Your way, O God, is holy; What god is as great as our God?" This loosely inspired me to write "The Great One". God is so amazing!~

"The Great One"
When stress brings tears and tears swim down the drain of the bathtub, 
He dries them one by one.

When best friends become shadows and old friends become gravestones,
He wraps you up with his life.

When the ocean waves crash and life crashes down with them,
He calms the storm with His hands.

When agonizing pain sweeps agonizing nations abroad,
He whispers great comforts to each crying soul.

When we are nothing but dust in the dusty desert of destruction,
He is The Great One.
He always saves. He always endures. 
For What god is as great as our God?



~This next poem is an example of me writing what first came to mind. I named it "Inspired or Neurotic?" as so. Feel free to tear this one apart. It's a little crazy!~

“INSPIRED OR NEUROTIC? ”
Rhymes don’t really make sense to me, you see.

Why can’t free

verse just be what is acceptable to a society

that

says fat shaming is wrong but requires models to starve?

Well. What I say is that 

experimentation might be probable for humans as

a great big science project 

that God

observes and takes notes like a lab technician,

And this may just

Be a horrific attempt at writing a poem but I think that within darkness

a light

may bring some truth to this situation we call life

Sun. Bright. Sun. Light.

The first sun I see tonight

will be

an oxymoron?



~This last poem is inspired by todays NaPoWriMo challenge: M O N E Y. I hope you enjoy this poem/story sort of thing... I sure enjoyed writing it! Ps. Read this one out loud, it will make you laugh.~

"$"
$orry about using a dollar $ign as a letter to roll your eyes at
Please think of me as a human being, not as a royal Persian cat
$o I might say $orry later too, and oops, I did it again
This poem might become basic jest as I $cribble with my $nobby pen
They charged me more for the golden ink, but they $aid it would make a difference
"You must always trust the internet", $aid mother in every instance
$o now the letter after R and before the T is irritatingly useless
It becomes a $ign for the wealth I had, but it honestly makes me look clueless

I grew up lacking in nothing, you $ee, and now I am going to pay for it
I try to appear like I own the world, but when reality $trikes I $ay "Well, I quit"
Never top of my class I $kimmed on by with mommy's heavy checkbook
Too busy learning to balance books instead of opening up my textbooks
Now that I'm older, I wish I had listened to Violetta Drexbul
$he always heckled, and I had her expelled, but now $he's all $uccessful
When daddy got fired and mommy left town, the pool of money went dry
I bought this pen to $ave my troubles, but now I don't want to try

One, two, buckle my $hoe, this life has proved unproductive
I'm tired of not being able to write and I'm going to become destructive
$o $orry for this dollar $ign, it annoys and angers me too
Daddy $ays "We need this pen for my new business cards and crew"
Unfortunately, our power shut off, so I might never ever find out
Now I know and $ee and hear how it feels to go without
The $un is going down, $o I cannot continue-- I must $ay my $weet goodbyes
Know this: Money is the root of evil and it $pews from endless lies.



No comments:

Post a Comment