Friday, April 10, 2015

NaPoWriMo Day 10: Artist Inspired




I Follow Rivers
As the river flows past my cottage of blue,
I stop and wonder and think of you.
Remembering when our river ran dry,
No longer could swim in emotional highs.
That water so clear, muddied beneath my feet,
You and I twisted in such a depressing feat.
But I follow rivers, and this path leads to none
I now must return to the cottage in the sun.







~The song "I Follow Rivers" by Lykki Li is a powerful ballad from a lover to her man. In the song, Li desires to follow her lover's every move. My poem, applicably named "I Follow Rivers", is a follow up song to Li's. After a relationship gone awry, the river I now follow runs a different course. This is not based on personal experience, but I sure felt the pain writing this! Enjoy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment